Tuesday, December 19, 2006

SEMESTER FLASHBACK

Phew! Semester is finally over…I am still in a daze…so swiftly and so suddenly the past few months whisked past….i could catch my breadth….till May I was a school student.But all of a sudden here I was studying in one of the best institutions in the whole country-Jadavpur University…In these past few months I have evolved so much that now that I look back I am amazed….a very simple girl freshly out of an all girls convent school…I had so many apprehensions and so many rigid do’s and don’ts…but now I have grown up and become much more accepting towards people…misconceptions has given way to true understanding ….Life in JU has been a really a rocking time… I have never felt so enthusiastic about studies that I would stay up all night just to surf the internet to find background material for the next class…. had the opportunity to be taught by one of the coolest professor on campus-Suchorita Chattopadhay and Sayantan Dasgupta…. my conception of what teachers are, have undergone a sea change, ‘SC’ mam is like a mother figure…she ‘ll take no nonsense from you but she will listen patiently to you….‘SDG’ as we call sir fondly or ‘Sayantan Da’ is just like one of us…. ever helpful and generous…. had a blast with him when we [me, Rohit and Tania] went out to lunch with him in Tangra or went out for coffee at CCD…..yeah you read right…we do hang out with our prof’s…what more our profs are very tech savvy indeed…yup! There are regular on orkut as well like any of us…that’s why there are simply the BEST…I had been very apprehensive about making new friends on campus but I had no reason to think that way…. because every body is everybody’s friend at ju…I have friends in almost all departments and they are truly wonderful people…yeah I do have my set of friends…. I have Rohit, this guy who is a Greek encyclopedia and one my close friends…Nimisha…sweet cute and extremely adorable girl who is the Egyptian goddess of our class…Shubhankar, class topper and my best buddy…Shiladitya the class joker…sitting in the jheel par or at the ledge chatting, tea sessions and talks with seniors. Oh! Its been just wonderful…On a personal front…I have started writing again…thought I had lost my touch of writing poetry…not that I write well…i just dabble with words…. I have witnessed new things and adjusted to them…took plunges and realized for myself what is good for me what is not… took a fag…didn’t quite like it. and that marked the end to my curiosity about smoking … started giving tuitions…earned my 1st salary…opened my 1st bank account and bought my own cell with my savings…oh! So beautiful…now that the semester has come to an end…I am feeling nostalgic…we wont have the same profs anymore in the next semester…may be it wont be as much fun….I have left a few new friends behind… and a wonderful relationship has gone haywire with a person I admire a lot…..all in all its been a good six months despite the few downs that I had to go through….found friends like shubho who didn’t hesitate to hang out with me just before the exams and made it a point to help me out…Rohit, who always was there whenever I reached out….after a great 6 months…I really do have to admit that truly ju simply rocks!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shion Guha said...

Do you not think that the picture you paint of JU is quite ideal and totally invalid?

If not, then I respect your perceptions.

They have a funny way of deserting you just when you think that the going was about to get tougher...

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home